Thursday, June 3, 2010


NOT MUCH progress to report RIGHT NOW. Demolition has taken a LOOONNG time. Especially when it is just done on the weekends. :-( The Missionaries have been a HUGE help to Chris. (It's nice to be YOUNG ;-) As well as a few other people.(You know who you are. ;-)) I told Chris that he can play Bob the Builder for the demolition. But that's it. I want to be able to get back in our house before I die. And if he only has time to work on it on the weekends, I figure that we wouldn't be in the house till 2025 or later. So THAT'S NOT HAPPENING! He's had fun breaking things apart and tearing things down. But 2 months is LONG enough. NOW it's time to put the pedal to the metal and get this project moving ALONG at a quicker pace.
The next thing on the schedule is getting the brick removed from the house (next week)and then having the house lifted up 18 inches (June 16th). After that the Mason can come in and add the additional foundation and then put the house back on the foundation and tie it down. Then they are excavating around the foundation to waterproof the the whole foundation and then backfill around the foundation. After that, PLEASE ;-) Let the framing BEGIN.... I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the schedule thus far.... And I'll definately take pictures and video of the house being raised. That should be cool. (hopefully no unforeseen problems with that process). STAY TUNED :-)
PS. I know I sound like I'm complaining about Chris not getting things done faster (and I am :-) ) But he is working a FULL TIME job and has a calling in church and he is on the town zoning board, and he has his parents to watch over and he gives his time to others who are in need, etc. Need I say more? This project is a FULL TIME JOB in it self. And there just aren't enough hours in the day. He is a busy guy, and it's hard for him to LET GO and GIVE SOMEONE ELSE THE REIGNS. But it's time ;-)
I Love you honey and thanks for ALL you do. YOU CAN DO IT. LET GO! ;-) OXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Kitchen is completely gone now. Just wanted to post a picture with the update. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The extent of this project is amazing! Keeping good thoughts for speedy recovery from the demolition!! :-)

    ReplyDelete